Monday, March 27, 2006

I'm So Confused, or It's 5 PM and I Just Woke Up - Do I eat Breakfast or Dinner?

I just started a new job which requires me to work a 7p-7a shift three nights a week. Not so bad really, especially when you consider that I spent the last three years working two jobs and going to college. Most weeks I worked 60-70 hours a week, 7 days a week. Now, I have four days off. Or, most of four days off. I take one day to catch up on the sleep thing. it really isn't that bad, and I've found it easier to sleep during the day than I thought I would.

Meals, though, are another problem. I am kind of getting around this by eating breakfast at the normal time, when I get home at 8 am. I fall asleep around 9 or 10 am, and wake up anywhere between 3-5 pm. I have dinner sometime after that, and if it is a night that I'm still home, I eat something small, like oatmeal or yogurt, around 11 pm. I don't feel like cooking at that hour, and I'm trying to not eat the stuff I really crave, like anything with chocolate, or a muffin. You get the picture.

I am trying to not think about the fact that as I write this I have a plate of warm chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk on the desk. Well, at least the milk is low fat.

Because of the aforementioned new job, I have not had a lot of time to knit lately. However, I do have several small projects going, including two currently sitting on my coffee table. One is socks in Opal Southwestern. Kind of a blue-mauve-rust-cream stripe going on. It reminds me a little of the colors that were very popular for decorating in the 80's. One sock is finished, and the other was nearing completion, when I apparently had a brain fart. I looked at the sock, and thought, "Uh-oh, the heel flap is wrong". So, without further ado or thought, I proceeded to rip the heel back to the starting point. At that precise moment, I realized that there hadn't been anything wrong with that stupid heel. It was fine. I was just to the point where it had to be turned. Aargghh. I dealt with my frustration by picking up a ball of Trekking XXL, color 104, and cast on for another pair of socks. Loved knitting with the Trekking, and the colorway looks yummy. Beautiful shades of blue - I can't wait to see what these look like when done. And, I hope that maybe by that time I will have sort of figured out how to actually put things on this blog. Tried that this afternoon. The Weather Pixie, and Blogger and I all had a little go-around. I did manage to get her on the blog, in theory at least, and she did show up in the preview. However, she is nohwere to be found on the acutal public blog. And, yes, I did hit the republish button after I put her on.

It looks to me like there are a few different fonts in this post. I'm not sure if the problem is with Blogger or me. As much as I hate to say it, most likely, it's me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home