Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Cats, Clapotis, and 12-hour days

That's quite a combination, hmm?

I just broke up a minor cat spat in the kitchen. Nothing serious, either just the usual territorial crap, or a little horseplay (catplay?) that got out of hand. I am happy to say that Cal continues to recover nicely from his cancer surgery. He has been doing much grooming lately - he's giving himself a bath on the desk as I type. His fur is starting to grow back where his eye was removed. He has a hearty appetite, and looks better than he has for quite a while. Spooky is still hobbling around on three legs. His head tilt looks much better, mostly due to a relentless application of antibiotics in his ear. His beautiful twin sister, Shadow, who is rounder and chubbier than Spooky's slim Siamese-type build has been surprising lately. Although she has lived with us for nearly four years, she still acts like she's never seen us before. Shadow has been sleeping on the couch, and has allowed me to pet her on several occasions. I can tell she is very nervous while being petted, but at the same time she will head-butt whatever cat is sleeping next to her and purr. I know cats purr when they are anxious as well as happy, but her whole demeanor makes me believe she really enjoys being petted.

12-hour days - I love working them! It means I only work three days a week, and actually have some time to have a real life. I worked one today - still on nursery orientation. When I finish orientation, i will go back to working 12 hour nights. I can't wait. I am so sick of fighting my way through traffic at 6:30 am. The only problem is that is was a beautiful day, and I didn't get a chance to enjoy it. I got home at 8:00 this evening, just as the sun was setting.

I started Clapotis last night. It is a surprisingly quick knit, and a fairly easy pattern to get the hang of. The yarn is interesting. I thought Silk Garden would be a little more, well, silky, but it feels very wooly, instead. However, it is nice to knit with, although it seems to have a tendency to twist. I was a little uncertain about the color. It's a black, grey, bronzy, gold, and dark tan mix. The first part of the Clapotis is knitted in the dark tan, which happened to be ethe starting end of the ball I grabbed. Not very interesting, but I am getting to the gold colored yarn, so it's starting to look interesting.. The yarn that I was using for the Tatania is going back to the store tomorrow. I have enough aggravation in my life; I don't need a yarn that will add more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home