Saturday, April 08, 2006

Late To The Party, As Usual

When I woke up today, I flipped open the shades expecting to see some nice April weather. What I saw was a nice April monsoon. Since this is the first day I've had off from work since Sunday, and I have to work tomorrow, I was hoping to get to work in the garden. No such luck. Torrents of rain, and a lake where my backyard was. So, I did errands instead. Slogged over flooded roads, around a couple of accidents, and tried not to think about how bedraggled I looked after hopping out of the car several times. Since I was near one of the big box stores (not Walmart!) I ran in to buy yet another pair of dpns for sock knitting. (Yes, I use Susan Bates needles. So shoot me.) I walked out of there with the needles, and 14 skeins of a nice, dark magenta yarn called Peru DK. It's 70% merino, 20% alpaca, and 10% silk. I have no idea how it knits up, but it was on sale for 25% off, so that put it in the affordable range for me.

The plan was to finish the errands, go home, write a quick post on the blog, and then settle down for some serious swatching. I decided to post a couple of links on my blog, and that's where things went downhill. I don't know what happened, but Blogger was very slow, and when my blog republished, it was a mess. Several things disappeared from the sidebar, the bottom footer was screwed up, and I couldn't recover it. I managed to recover the main blog, but had to add all the links again. Just as I got done adding the last link, instead of hitting the button that says "save template changes", I hit the one that said "clear edits". Damn!! After much tooth-grinding and hair pulling, I just did the entire effing thing all over again. I just finished. There has been no swatching today. And there won't be any, mostly because I have to be at work at 7 am tomorrow morning. And I am there until 7:30 tomorrow night. On the bright side, I do enjoy my job, and tomorrow should be interesting. I am orienting in newborn nursery, which I have been anticipating for a while now.

The Opal Inspiration sock is finally finished. I finished it last night. I don't know why knitting this sock was such torture for me. Maybe it's because the colorway just doesn't do it for me. It's nice, but I'm not in love with it. At least, not two socks worth.

So, what party am I late to? The Clapotis party, that's what. Winging their way to me right now, as I write, are seven skeins of Noro Silk Garden in colorway 47. I think this will look good with a little black dress. I've spent the last several months watching everyone knit this, and finally decided to go ahead and do it.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home