Monday, May 08, 2006

Goodbye to a Sweet Kitty

We lost Spooky today. He grew progressively weaker over the weekend, but we were still hoping for the best. After he went to the vet's this morning, they ran a blood test to check for feline AIDS or leukemia. He came up negative on both tests. I thought we were home free. I got a call this afternoon that he did not survive the surgery. He was too weak, and the cancer was spread far beyond what showed on the xrays.

I am still stunned by this news. It's not what I expected. I thought I would be bringing him home in a few days. Now, I'll pick up his ashes next week.

I'm not going to blog for a few days. I doubt I will knit for the next few days. I can't concentrate on a pattern right now. I feel like crap.

1 Comments:

At 3:51 PM, Blogger buttercup said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I recently lost a kitty to cancer too and am still adjusting. It's been 4 weeks and I still look for her and think I see her out of the corner of my eye.

My thoughts are with you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home