Saturday, June 10, 2006

All Work and No Sleep, or Knitting, Either


Which is not exactly true. I AM up to row 19 of Creatures of the Reef, and I'm nearly half done on Clapotis. It's just that each row of Creatures has over 400 stitches, so at this point, it's pretty slow going. I'm trying to knit two rows a day, but yesterday, I only knit one and a half, and today, I just finished up the half row. You can see the variation of the colors, and you can also see how fuzzy this yarn is. I should have realized that a merino would not be as smooth looking as a silk-wool blend, but I still like this shawl in this color. It reminds me of deeper water variations on a sunny day - blues, purples, greens. And, not coincidentally, these happen to be my favorite colors. I'm working on the first tiny bubbles section of Creatures right now. A couple of more rows, and then I can start on the crabs and seahorses (and decrease some stitches!).

The sun was actually out this morning! What a surprise! After days and days of rain, thunderstorms, wind, and all the rest of the fun stuff, it was beautiful this morning. When the sun rose, I was looking out the window at the end of the hall, and I noticed I could see blue sky. One of the day shift workers came in and said this was the most beautiful day of the year so far. I didn't have my camera with me this morning, and I wish I did. There was one white cloud that stretched across the sky. It looked like a big roll of dough. It was windy, and there were lots of puffy white clouds across the sky. Although the sun is out, there are black clouds moving in, and it looks like we're in for more rain.

Work has been insane lately. I am working tonight, my third 12-hour shift in a row. Plus, I was called in for an 11 pm to 7 am shift earlier in the week. I don't know if it is a weird combination of storms and impending full moon, but everyone has been giving birth this week. All this is bad for my knitting time, but good for my finances, and that will help things along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home