Sunday, August 06, 2006

C'est Fini!

At least I hope that's the way to say it in French. I took two years of French in high school, back when the dinosaurs roamed the earth. Haven't used it too much since then, and since my French II teacher got fired halfway through the year (but they let him stay til June) my French has always been rusty. Should have taken Spanish, instead.

Anyway, look on my sidebar. It's done!! I finished Creatures this morning. It only took me about 15 minutes of knitting, and I finished it before another cat came to sit on the instructions. I'm done!! I'm so happy! It feels good to have an actual Finished Object. And, while it definitely came out smaller than the pattern size, I think it will be ok. I won't be able to block it for a while, though. I can't find my pins or blocking board. I used to have a sewing room, before we cleaned it out so my sons could each have their own room. I don't know what my husband did with a lot of my stuff. So, I'm off to Joann Fabrics this week to get a blocking board, and some pins. There's a Wal-Mart closer to me, but I don't shop Wal-Mart ever, for any reason. Aside from social problems I don't like, I think Wal-Marts are the most depressing stores ever. I don't know what it is, but when I used to shop there, they always reminded me of a rathole. Actually, this subject is another post by itself.

But, I digress. I've started working on Clapotis, too. Got a few rows in this afternoon, but we are all busy doing laundry here today. Our new dryer arrived yesterday, right in the nick of time. I was wearing t-shirts that formerly lived at the bottom of my shirt drawer. Now I can wear something presentable, and good thing, too. We're going out to dinner tonight for Chris's birthday, which was last Tuesday. Apparently, my husband is going to be there too, which should make things interesting, to say the least. I haven't seen him since his father's funeral, back in December. Since this is for one of my children's birthdays, I will have to be nice.

I will post a picture of the blocked Creatures later this week. I work for the next two nights, and have a CEU seminar the next day, so I'll be busy for a while. I'll try to get more done on Clapotis, which incidentally feels like knitting with broom handles and rope after size 2 needles and fingering yarn.

Since I don't have a new picture of Creatures or Clapotis, I'll leave with a picture of Gremmie. I have a Vera Bradly Carry-All (which I love!) Vera Bradley advertises that this can be a pool or gym bag, baby bag, or picnic bag. Grem managed to stuff all 15 pounds of himself inside it, to prove it can be a cat-carrier, too.Gremlin + Vera Bradley

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home