Saturday, August 26, 2006

I'm Actually On Time, For Once!!




Wow!! Not only did I take and post my Saturday Sky picture on Saturday, but I have another Finished Object to put on my sidebar! That make three FO's this year. Amazing what I can do when I'm not bogged down with schoolwork.

I finished Clapotis last night. I thought it might come out too big, but it might actually be a smidge on the small side. I love it!! The colors are amazing, and I love the way the finished fabric feels. Silk Garden rocks! I've already ordered it in color 8, a mixture of blues, to make another one. I think it'll go quicker this time, because I know how it goes now. The only problem with Silk Garden is that the ladders need a LOT of help. I still have two or three to work down in the finished Clapotis, but that's only a small problem. It is biasing like mad, and needs a good blocking, but since I'm working tonight and tomorrow night, it'll have to wait, just like my Creatures of the Reef shawl, which I'm embarrassed to say I still haven't blocked. How long ago did I finish it? In my defense, I've worked 60 hours this week. I was called in last night for an additional 8 hours, and even though it would have been overtime, I had to decline. I really need to sleep every now and then.

We finally had some rain. My trees have been shedding leaves like crazy, and we had to water the flower gardens every day. I was sitting on the couch last night, knitting on my new project, when I see lightening, followed closely by a huge clap of thunder, and then a downpour. It was the first of several hours of thunderstorms we had last night. I didn't mind, until my son comes home a few hours later and says "hey Mom!! Did you know your car window was open?" Uh, no, I didn't. Fortunately, he closed it, but I still have a very wet drivers seat, which made today's trip to ShopRite very interesting.

So, this is what I was knitting last night. It's Something Red, in red. I know I said in a previous post I was going to make this in blue, and I am, but I got this red yarn, tlc Cotton Plus. It's 51% cotton, and 49% acrylic, and it's knitting into a nice fabric. It's actually a deeper red color than the picture shows. I think it tooks like an orangey-red in the picture, but there is no orange in this at all. This project is knitted from the top down, and it's the first time I've ever done that. I still intend to make this sweater in the blue Cotton Ease. I would love to make it in Rowan Calmer, but I don't like their current color selection. Tangerine, pinks pale blues and greens - not my colors at all. I would like to make this in a khaki green, or a jewel color. I wish I had gotten Calmer in the Amour color, or the Peacock or teal they had last year. I had no idea their new color palette would be so blah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home