Monday, August 21, 2006

Sheesh..


This is getting to be a habit. Here I am once again, posting a Saturday Sky picture during the week. I did take the picture on Saturday. it was nice and grey, and for once, we are hoping for rain. Quite a change from the beginning of the summer, when we were hoping the rain would stop. Now, even the weeds in my front yard are crispy and dry. You just know that things are bad when the weeds start dying.


Not too much knitting going on. I went to work yesterday (Sunday) at 2:30 pm, and came home this morning at 8:30 am - that's a 16-hour shift plus travel time. I thought I would only be there for 4 hours yesterday. Silly me. I have been knitting on Clapotis, and am on the decrease section. I hope to finish this one up by the end of next week. I'm on my fifth ball of yarn, so I'm near the end. I have to say, I love this project. I love the way it looks, I love the way it feels, and I love the yarn. Noro Silk Garden is a wonderful yarn. I love the color changes, and I don't find this to be scratchy at all. I think it's wonderfully soft. I frogged this project after I had finished knitting three balls of yarn, because I thought it was too big, and now I kind of wish I'd left it that way. It isn't that much smaller now, but maybe the next time I knit this (and there WILL be a next time), I'll go for a bit bigger. I used Noro 47, which is a black, grey, tan, and bronze combination, and it looks wonderful with a black top. It also looks nice as a scarf/shawl with a tan coat - even a tan coat like my barn coat, which I wear all winter long.

I have a 60-hour workweek this week. This is going to be a killer, and I'm not going to get a chance to relax, but Fuzzybuns showed me how he relaxes. He has always been one of the most relaxed cats we've ever had. Nothing bothers him. He just goes to sleep, stretches out, and occasionally falls or slides off whatever he's sleeping on. No matter - he just goes back to sleep in the new spot he landed in. Wish I could do that. When I went to sleep this morning, I spent my sleeping time dreaming about last night's work. Not relaxing at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home