Saturday, August 05, 2006

Wherin, I Tell Why I Didn't Finish Creatures of The Reef Tonight...



THIS picture tells why. I was knitting away on Creatures, up to row 197, when Gremlin jumps up on the couch, and settles down on the bag holding the yarn, and my instructions, which are laying on top of the bag. He settled down and went to sleep instantly, purring contendedly. I didn't have the heart to move him, so I will finish tomorrow. Besides, it gives me a good excuse to go blog slogging, which I haven't done in a while.

Here's my Saturday Sky photo. Nice blue sky, no humidity, no 100 degree temps. A very nice Saturday. Still a bit too warm (86) for my taste, but nice nonetheless. David and Dusty were outside for a bit, and my dog is loving this weather. You can see him hauling
David down the sidewalk. I'm hoping I can turn off my air conditioning tonight and open the windows for a change. I love fresh air. I hope it stays this way for a while. It will be nice to go outside without feeling like I'm in an oven. And, since I think that I'll finish Creatures tomorrow, I want to pick up my other partner in the Amazing Lace, Clapotis. I'd like to see if I can finish that one, too. Two finished objects in one month will be cause for celebration. I usually don't finish one a year, much less two. I want to pick up Audrey and finish that one, and I have two Philosopher's Wool sweaters, one for me and one for Chris that I would like to finish this winter. Socks! Sweaters! Whatever! I'm on a roll!
The prospect of having an actual FO in my hot little hands is obviously a pretty heady one, and is making me think of more projects I have in my line-up. Woo-hoo! This is the first time I've ever done a KAL, and I liked it. It kind of gave me a deadline to finish by, and boy, do I like deadlines. I work well under stress. Go figure.

While I was happy that my Saturday Sky picture showed beautiful blue skies, I was kind of disappointed that I couldn't get a sunset like the one I got last night, so I'm going to post a couple of Friday Sky pictures here, too. I went down to the park at the end of my street to take some pictures.
This sunset last night was gorgeous. I did piss off a herd of deer who were waiting at the edge of the wood. I was standing there, balancing on the outflow pipe of the culvert, taking these pictures, and I kept hearing this sound behind me - kind of like a sneezing sound, but I could tell it wasn't human.
Since the sun had already set, and it was dark in the woods, it creeped me out. I figured I'd better try to get a look, and I saw something waving back and forth just in the edge of the woods. It took me a minute to realize it was a deer tail, attached to a really annoyed deer. She was making the sounds I was hearing. I don't know if it was a warning to the rest of the herd behind her, or a warning to me. At any rate, she turned and ran back into the woods, and I left the park with some very beautiful sunset photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home