Sunday, September 24, 2006

It's Off the Needles

NOTE: Blogger is really pissing me off today. This is the second time I've had to type this post. I got it all typed, and started putting in the pictures. After entering the second picture, I noticed that most of my post had disappeared. Is anyone else having trouble with blogger, lately? This is a shortened version of my original, very long post. Why is is Blogger only eats long posts?

Here we go again....

Something Red, that is. I finished the bottom ribbing last night while watching M*A*S*H reruns. Now, I have to put it back on the needles to pick up for the front ribbing band. This should be interesting. I've never done short rows before, and this requires them around the neck. Oh, well, should be a learning experience.

I got the yarn today for Green Gables. I've been dithering around on this one, wondering if I should knit it. Since I am usually on time for things (I am almost always early getting places or doing things. Who says I'm not anal-retentive?), I'm wondering why all of a sudden I am knitting summer things at the end of summer. I guess it's because at the beginning of summer, I was on orientation for my new job, and learning a lot. Not only did I have to work my regular shift, there were a lot of learning units I had to do and hand in. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it. Since I already uploaded my photos this morning, and I'm feeling lazy, I'll upload a photo for my next post.

Anyway, for the person who asked, a M1 is a knitting increase. I did it by putting the bar between the stitch I just knitted and the next stitch on my left-hand needle, and then knitting it as a new stitch. It usually makes a fairly invisible increase, but on the ribbing, it seemed to be more obvious. I'm reserving judgement til I block this sweater.

It's been kind of chilly here lately. And, that's not a complaint. I love this weather. Trees are starting to turn, and I'm starting to think of getting my sweaters out. When I left work Thursday morning, it was 49 degress!! I'm not complaining. I love cooler weather. The other night I was sitting at the computer in my pink pussycat pajamas and a sweatshirt, when my son and his girlfriend walked in the door. She commented that I looked really comfortable, and I was. I had the window open for a cool breeze, and I felt really cozy. I love sweaters, flannel, and anything like that. This picture that was taken the other night shows how cool it's been getting. Excuse the mess on the couch, I usually keep an afgan across the top to cut down on the cat fur, but the cats like to pull it down and sleep on it. I've always said that I can tell the temperature without looking at a thermometor. All I have to do is look at what the cats are doing. When there is a pile of them on the couch, we know the weather is changing. This was a five cat night. The other picture was taken of Alex in early August on a really hot day. And as I type this, I noticed my little weather icon flashing at me. It informs me that there is a cold front headed my way (it's 74 degrees right now), and I can expect thunderstorms this afternoon. Aargh. I DID have plans for today....

My original plan for this weekend was to get home from work Saturday morning, sleep for a few hours, and then head out to the Delaware Canal on Alexander Street to take some pictures. What is it they say about the best-laid plans, etc, etc? Anyway, I went to work at 7 pm Friday night, and didn't leave until after 11 am on Saturday morning. Babies. Lots of babies. I didn't get home til nearly noon, and fell asleep on the couch. Didn't even make it to bed. Couch was as far as I got. Woke up around 4 or 5, and spent the rest of the day feeling bleary and exhausted, helped, no doubt, by lack of breakfast or lunch. So, no trip out to take pictures. Oh, did I mention that it rained, too? I finally get an entire weekend off, and the first day is a total loss. I just spent the rest of the day knitting and watching tv. The Wedding Crashers was funny, and I caught the last hour of National Treasure, which I never wanted to see, but now I'm going to have to watch the whole thing.

My Saturday Sky pciture. Taken just after I woke up. it wasn't raining at that time, just murky and cloudy. I guess because there was no sun to speak of today, it seemed like it got dark earlier than usual.

1 Comments:

At 3:25 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for telling me what M1 is!! National Treasure is my sons and mine favorite movie. I think we have seen it at least 15 times together. Well enjoy the rest of your time off.

btw... I usually upload my pics on blogger using firefox instead of internet explorer.. Dont ask why but firefox works better for uploading and not eating posts.

Have a great Sunday!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home