Saturday, September 16, 2006

Nine Months After the Holidays is Pure Hell

At least on an OB floor, it is. We have had a mini baby boom for the last, oh, ten days or so. And it doesn't show any signs of letting up, either. September 11 was kind of odd, though. No scheduled inductions or c-sections. Anyone who gave birth that day did so because they had no choice. The rest of the week was insane. Babies everywhere. Every time we looked up, there was another pregnant woman standing there, pillows in hand, and husband in tow, saying, "Hi, I'm in labor." No kidding. I've been working some long hours this week, and although I have been able to get in a little knitting, I don't have progress photos yet.

Here's my Saturday Sky. When I left work this morning, it was raining. Hard. As in "monsoon". Streets flooded, etc. As I got closer to my home, roads got drier and drier. It was clear it had not rained in my town for at least a few hours. Sometimes when I'm at work, I'll call home and remind the guys to close the windows, so we don't have to deal with an indoor flood. Rain? What rain? Not raining here. Meanwhile, I'm looking out the window at what looks like the end of the world. the town I work in seems to get worse weather than anywhere else around. Hell's Little Acre, it is.

My oldest is turning 30 tomorrow, my youngest will be 20 on Monday.

1 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is a beautiful picture!! Hope your week slows down!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home