Saturday, September 09, 2006

Saturday Sky and More Knitting



Well, this IS a knitting blog. Made some progress on Something Red - am now working on the ribbing on the bottom. As for the sleeves, someone suggested I block them out first before frogging them, so I may do that. I'm feelin' kind of lazy, lately. And, I work for the next two nights, and I have a seminar on Monday, so that's going to cut into my knitting time. I haven't figured out how to knit when I'm unconscious.

And, here's my Saturday Sky Photo. It's a bit cloudy, and it's cloudier now than it was when I took this picture about an hour ago. I guess it's thinking about raining later.

Now that the weather has cooled down somewhat, my gardens look a little less like they're giving up the ghost. My impatiens have rebounded nicely, and the ground covers are giving it a second try. I can't wait to start getting my pumpkins together, and just getting ready for fall. My favorite time of the year!

God, tomorrow is, or would have been, my 30th wedding anniversary. We've been separated for over four years now, and while I don't think I'll ever live with him again, I have very mixed feelings. In a lot of ways, my life is so much better. It's calmer, saner, and with far less tension. The kids are happier, and I have a good job, even though I'm still working a lot more than I thought I would be. But still, the day kind of reminds me of all that I thought my life would be, and it reminds me of the things that I miss, even though I realize I only thought I had some of them. It's a reminder that most of my adult life was taken up by a man who didn't really love me, even though he protested that he did, and just generally that I will probably not have a partner again in my life. Is that any worse than having a partner who didn't really give a shit about me? I don't know. It's one of the things I have to work through.

And then, of course, the next day is September 11. Five years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home