Saturday, October 21, 2006

October 21 So Soon?


Huh. This month is really flying by. I guess that makes sense, considering I've missed more than half the month by either working or sleeping through it. Case in point. I wake up at 3:30 this afternoon, look out the window, and discover that it's a beautiful fall day. I missed most of it. I threw on some clothes, ran outside with my camera, and took a few pictures. I work tonight, Sunday, and Monday nights, so I'm going to be missing most of the week again. I do have next week off, but I'll bet dollars to donuts that it'll rain.

I've made progress on my second Socktoberfest sock. No, not the other sock of the Cherry Tree Hill, but the first sock of Lorna's laces. I might bring it to work with me tonight so maybe if I get an actual break, I can do a little knitting. I want to finish both these pairs of socks this month. Ten days left? Hey, I can dream, can't I?

It was really cold last night - dropped into the 30's. There was a considerable amount of frost on open ground when I came home from work this morning. We seem to escape most of the early frost - something with having trees all over our property. My morning glories on the mailbox really suffered this year. Only a few survived the rabbit attack of early summer, and they get hit by the frost. They haven't given up yet, though, as evidenced by this photo.


My Saturday Sky picture is at the top of this post.. The sky and trees were so gorgeous, I didn't know which direction to take the picture in. Every view was better than the last. Our fall colors don't seem to be as brilliant as they usually are. I'm hoping that maybe things will improve a little as the week goes on. Last year, it rained through much of the fall, sort of cancelling out the colors.

And, more pictures of my yard today. And, a little mole that Chris disturbed while turning over the garden today. If you look closely at the picture of the front porch, you can see chunks missing from our pumpkins. The squirrels have started munching on them early this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home