Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pumpkins, Yea, Computers, Nay



Have I ever mentioned how much I love autumn? Pumpkins, cooler weather ,sweaters, jeans, flannel sheets and shirts, beautiful colors, mums, blue sky? All that stuff? I really love fall. Did I ever mention that?

So, why am I mentioning this now? Because the only thing that saved me from going over the edge this weekend was the beautiful weather. Which, I might add, I didn't get to enjoy yesterday, because I thought I would just do a quick post, and add a few pictures. Hah. How long did that take me? Most of the afternoon, I would guess. I had smoke coming out of my ears by the time I finished. Literally, I think it took five hours. I know, that's my fault. I could have let it go. But I didn't. God, I can be so frickin' stubborn some times. I did manage to get everything posted. I don't know if the problem was my computer, Comcast, Blogger, or maybe just the way the planets lined up. Who the hell knows?

I didn't get too much knitting done today. Went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. Ever been there? Oy. Rocking chairs on the porch, kitschy merchandise inside. Yikes. And, now I know where everyone gets those seasonal sweaters and sweatshirts I see all over the place. Good food, though. French toast to die for. Then, a quick stop at a farm market for mums, and a trip to the u-pick pumpkin farm that we've gone to for the last 20 years or so. Terrible pumpkins this year. The farmer said no quality or quantity due to lousy weather. We did manage to find a few that were ok, and I'll post a picture of my fall-ish front porch in a day or two.

In the meantime, a few pictures from today's adventures. No pictures of Cracker Barrel, though. I was too flabbergasted to remember I had a camera with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home