Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday Sky, Socks and Pink Pussycat Jammies


I did manage to knit a fair amount on my Cherry Tree Hill Supersock socks yesterday. I'm up to the point where I started decreasing for the toe. I am used to making my socks much longer, almost knee-sock length, and I must admit, I'm liking this better. I nearly finished with a sock in a week. I know there are people who will knit a pair in a week, but I'm not expecting to do that.

Yesterday morning, I got home around 9 am, ran some errands, then went to bed around 10:30 am. Woke up at 5:30 pm when my son opened the door and asked if I worked that night. No, I didn't but I did manage to stagger out of bed. Waking up at 5 or 6 pm is a little weird, and I still haven't gotten used to it. I didn't want to be awake all night, and I knew I would be if I slept any more, so I hung around in my pink pussycat jammies and a sweatshirt, and knitted and vegged all night until I went back to bed around 2 am. I feel kind of decadent spending the whole day in my jammies, but I knew I wasn't going out, and was too tired to put the effort into actually putting on clothes I would be getting out of a few hours later, so just deleted that step.



I took my Saturday Sky picture around 10 am this morning. It ain't getting any better than this today. It started raining yesterday morning, and has continued through today. It's not actually raining right now, but it's grey, murky, and chilly.




Strange things happen around here when I'm sleeping. I got up this morning, and our scaredy-cat Thomas was hanging around on the back of the couch.
I noticed Shadow was near him,which doesn't surprise me. She spends most of her life throwing herself at Thomas or Alex. She has no shame. Anyway, I guess she thought it was cold because she starts kneading on Thomas's back and using him as a mattress, which he didn't care for at all. He is such a sweet kitty. We've had him for about five years, and while he is still very shy, he will come to two of my sons. Shadow is also very shy, and we've had her four years, but she is getting better. I can pet her now, and even pick her up a little. She is a sister to Spooky, who died in May of bone cancer, and whom I still miss very much.




And lastly, Eric's cat, Tiki, sitting up and head butting my foot with his head. He was sound asleep while he was doing this. I don't have the house heat on yet, and had my feet wrapped up in a fleece blanket.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home