Saturday, October 28, 2006

Socktoberfest Progress, or Lack Thereof



Well, I finished two socks for Socktoberfest. Unfortunately, that doesn't make a pair. I finished one in Cherry Tree Hill, and one in Lorna's Laces. However, optimist that I am, I have started the second sock of Cherry Tree Hill, and will attempt to produce at least one finished pair by Halloween. Speaking of Halloween, the squirrels have produced a great deal of pumpkin carnage on my front porch. Usually, the little ^%$*#@ wait until after Halloween to do this damage, but this year, they couldn't wait. Chris suggested I put crime scene tape around the pumpkins, make a chalk outline of a squirrel on the porch, and put a shoe in the middle of the outline. This is only a suggestion. While they try my patience by eating my pumpkins, and raiding my bird feeders, when I have a totally ignored squirrel feeder two feet away, I do find their antics funny, most of the time at least.

While I was sleeping last night, we had a storm. Quite a storm, too from the looks of it, and from the reports of my children. When I woke up today, the sun was shining, but that didn't last long. All afternoon, it went from sunny to cloudy, and then back again. The only constant was the wind. This autumn has been a disappointment. We really didn't have any good color. It has been rainy more often than not, and windy quite often. All in all, that doesn't add up to great color.

And, here is my Saturday Sky photo. The picture on the right was taken about 1/2 hour after

the first one was taken. Those storm clouds rolled in really fast.









Tomorrow, I'll try to post about my latest yarn acquistions. What yarn diet? And, I just got called in to work tonight, but I am not going. I haven't had three days off in a row in so long, I've forgotten what it's like. I'm going to vegetate tonight - movies, knitting and pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home