Saturday, October 14, 2006

We Interrupt This Job for a Regularly Scheduled Life....

Wow. When I posted last Saturday, I had no idea that would be my last bit of free time for nearly a week. I wound up working six nights in a row and not really doing anything else.

However, I did finish up my Cherry Tree Hill Sock. Now, all I have to do is knit the second sock. Unfortunately, my project ADD kicked in, and I started this last night - another sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock color "Cool". This picture doesn't do this yarn justice. It shows as a mostly blue sock, whereas in real life, it has a beautiful ocean green in it, and a greyish blue, too. I tried taking pictures outside and inside, and couldn't get the real colors. Aargh.

And, speaking of outside, here are my Saturday Sky pictures. It was beautiful this morning when these were taken, and now it's cooler and cloudier. I'm supposed to go pick my pumpkins tomorrow, so I hope it's not going to rain.

I had so much more I wanted to post today, but I couldn't get onto Blogger, or anyplace else for that matter. It's frustrating to be paying premium prices for premium service, and then wind up with two days of service at dial-up speeds.

In trying to clean up my bedroom, I unearthed a few projects from the past, including this log cabin quilt I made quite a while ago. It's still only a quilt top, I really need to get around to backing and quilting it one of these days. It's one of my favorite projects ever. Many of the fabrics are from the 70's and 80's. They belonged to maternity clothes I wore, and shirts and tops I had from back then. Of course, many of them are just from my fabric stash, which is, I'm embarrased to say, larger than my yarn stash. But, I like looking at this quilt top. It reminds me of when I was young and pregnant, and my life seemed like it would go in a different direction than it did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home