Monday, January 01, 2007

Hi There!




I'm back! While I know that thrills all one of my readers, I'm going to try to keep this up a little more. I was doing pretty well until the holidays hit, and then my blogging went to hell in a handbasket.

Still trying to figure out my next project. I think I'm going to finish up Chris's Philosopher's Wool sweater. In the meantime, I've been working on my "small" project - "small" here meaning that while there's a lot of yarn involved in this project, it's done in pieces. I'm talking about the Great American Afghan. I started this a while ago, and it's a convenient project for when I am suffering from major indecision, or just feeling to lazy to work on a large project. At least it gives me the feeling of being somewhat productive, instead of just lazy.

Speaking of lazy, I still have some major overhauling to do here. Been getting some of it done, but my bedroom in particular needs a lot of work. When my sons switched bedrooms, and my husband moved out, a lot of stuff landed in my room. Some of it is still sitting there. So, I'm taking a week's vacation next month to work on getting it organized. Can you stand it? I mean, I'm a real party animal, aren't I? How many people take a week off from work to organize their bedroom? I think I need to get back in the habit of having a real life. I have worked all sorts of part-time jobs over the last thirty years, mostly so I could take care of my kids, when they were kids. This type of job doesn't usually come with vacation or sick time, and my husband was never one for actually going on a vacation, so I don't know what else to do with myself at this time. Oh, yeah, I guess there is a small matter of money. I don't have enough money to really go anywhere, but hopefully, that will change.


Christmas was pretty nice. We split the day between the in-laws (I'm still friendly with them), and my family. I just avoided my husband while we were at his family's celebration. I got all three books of the Lord of the Rings on audiobooks - that's 46 cds. I figure that will keep me busy for a while. I am thinking of getting a treadmill. I really need some exercise, and my work hours right now kind of keep me from getting any decent exercise during daylight hours.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home