Thursday, January 25, 2007

Hot? Cold? Sun? Snow? WTF?

This has been an interesting month, to say the least. 73 degrees two weekends ago, with lots of other nice temperatures sprinkled in there, and this week, we're in the arctic. It's supposed to be 15 degrees tonight (and of course, I'm on call at 3 am!) We've even had a little bit of snow for the last few days, and a mini-blizzard today:This was taken on Washington Road, on the way to Princeton today. It was like a white-out for a few minutes, but a few blocks away, the roads weren't even damp.

I've been moving right along on the Cherry Tree Hill socks in River Run. Cherry Tree Hill has the most amazing colors. I love this colorway. Teals, purples, greens, blues, and all set off by a bronzy-brown that shows up in there.
I may have to get another skein of this and make myself a pair. I'd like to have these done by this weekend. I probably won't have too much time to blog for the next few days - I'm working three-in-a-row. So, I'll work, eat, sleep, and knit. And, after this sock, I think I need to get working on Chris's sweater.

I've also been cleaning out my room. I've come up with a few partially finished bed and wall quilts that need to be backed. I have one wall quilt I need to finish - I have to make a few more blocks and then sew them together. I finally have a desk in my bedroom, and I'm planning on getting a sewing machine - along with the quilts, I have partially finished curtains for my bedroom. I want to take the curtains I have hanging and burn them. I'm so sick of them. That's a real incentive for finishing the other ones. I have a week off next month, so I'm hoping to get a lot of this together.

A little territorial dispute between Gremlin and Mr. B. it never got too far, because Chris was standing there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home