Saturday, January 20, 2007

Sick, Sick, Sick


Yuck. What's worse than a winter cold? I've felt sort of under the weather all week long, and last night, it really hit me. My ears hurt, my throat hurts, even my hair hurts. Ugh. All I want to do is vegetate. I did venture outside briefly to take my Saturday Sky picture. It's been a while since I posted one of those, so here it is. Nice blue sky. Looks lovely, doesn't it? It's somewhat misleading, though. Those little white clouds are accompanied by wicked winds of arctic temperatures. And every now and then, one of those blasts of wind is accompanied by a five minute blast of snow flurries.

Because of the cold weather, my birdfeeders are doing quite a business. I have the squirrel feeders filled up, but as you can see, they still go for the birdfeeders. This particular feeder is filled up with safflower seed coated with hot pepper powder. I'm told that squirrels hate safflower seeds, and that they cannot stand hot pepper powder, but
I guess this squirrel didn't get that message. You can see three other squirrels at the ground feeder, and another squirrel on the left near the feeder, plus a few opportunistic doves cruising around. The other picture is a few finches at the nyjer sock. Sometimes that entire sock is covered in finches. I was trying to get a picture of a fat little wren who was busy cramming herself into the cage part of my cage feeder. I feared she wouldn't be able to get back out, but apparently she can make herself svelte enough to fit through the cage openings.

Am still knitting along on my Cherry Tree Hill gift sock. I'm heading to the toe, and I don't have a picture of the progress I made since last night. So, just to put some actual knitting pictures on here, I've got some pictures I took today of some afghan squares

I have hanging around. They're being knit of Red Heart acrylic (I know, I know, please don't enlighten me), but since this afghan is going on the couch, and it is going to have to deal with 14 cats and a golden retriever sleeping on it, it's a good choice. I made afghans out of this yarn 25 years ago, and they're still going strong. it also looks like I may have dye lot issues, but once again, this is an afghan that's going to get used, so I really don't give a rats ass. Boy, being sick really makes me crabby, doesn't it?


***********************************

Heh. While typing the last sentence of the last paragraph above, my phone rang. Our unit secretary was on the phone telling me I was the mandatory on-call, and needed to get in there.
So, I did. Fortunately, I was only there for three hours, which isn't bad at all. So, I'll finish my post, get my pictures up, and get this thing published.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home