Saturday, February 24, 2007

Not Much Going On


I've been working a lot this week, so I haven't accomplished too much in the way of knitting, or anything else. I'm now up to eight finished squares on the gray afghan, and I'm halfway through a ninth.

Although knitting is my main hobby, finding all my other projects in the closet have made me realize how much I like crafts in general. I have several unfinished quilts that I'd like to finish. Finish meaning, sewing together. I love piecing quilts, but I'm not a big fan of the actual quilting. I've done it, but I enjoy the creation process much more. So, this leaves me wondering what to do. Do I back the quilts and just make a tied quilt, or do I quilt it myself (real unlikely), or do I send it out to be quilted? That can be pretty pricey, so that may not be my best option, either. However, a lot of people view a "tied" quilt as a non-quilt. Do I care? I didn't think I did, but I must care at least a little, or I wouldn't be having this discussion with myself.

Saturday Sky picture was a little late today. I took it at nearly dusk, but the sky was still blue. No sign of the storm we're supposed to get tomorrow. I spent the afternoon running errands, including an hour or so in the Quilt Barn in Allentown. I could easily have blown a big wad of cash there, but keeping in mind I already have two giant rubbermaid containers of quilt fabric, I kept it easy. I got some blue fabric with stars on it for a block I have in mind from the piecemakers calendar (starry sky, duh!) from several years ago, and I got some fabric to back the Cats in Wagons wall hanging I made. All I have to do for that one is finish the cat's faces, and add the buttons for the wagon wheels. Oh, yeah, and do a little quilting on that one. Tying won't work with it.

We have some issues going on with one of our cats. I hope it's only a tooth and not cancer. I just have a bad feeling about this one.

And, last but not least, Mr. B. looking like a little angel. This was after spending the morning pouncing on stray gloves, ankles and feet passing by, and anything else that moved, or not. Check out the little paws folded up in front of him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home