Saturday, February 17, 2007

Saturday Sky


I just took a picture of Saturday Sky. We have a brilliant blue sky, but there are clouds heading in from the west, as you can see. The forecast is for some snow tomorrow. Right now, it's just snow showers, but predictions have not been real accurate around here. We were supposed to get a major storm on Tuesday, but we got about three inches of snow, covered with freezing rain, which made for some interesting pictures. I'm standing on top of the crusty snow, and I'm not a lightweight. However, moving around on that stuff was like ice skating. My yard slants downhill, so I needed to be careful I didn't wind up on my ass or worse.

I finished (I think) getting all my various projects organized. Wow, there were so many more than I thought. I'm going to try to work through an old project and a new project at the same time. To that end, I'm busy working on a grey afghan
I located in the closet. This has a specific recipient in mind, so I'm going to keep that one at the front. I have nearly even squares done, and thirteen more to go, plus the edging. With a little luck, I might have this one done by the middle or end of March. I'm still working on the Opal socks, and have made progress on them. I'm halfway to the foot on the first sock. This one will go with me as a portable project.

We had some visitors the other night. I've been putting out critter mix for the squirrels and chipmunks, and it has been disappearing at an alarming rate. If the squirrels were eating all of it,
they wouldn't be able to haul their fat behinds up a tree, so I suspected deer. So I see the cats all staring out the window, so I looked, and there were six deer helping themselves to the food. I grabbed my camera, but of course, the batteries were nearly dead, so the pics didn't come out very well.

And the squirrels are busy raiding the birdfeeders as usual, and Gremlin is busy trying to save the world from squirrels.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home