Sunday, March 04, 2007

Frustration





At a lot of things - mostly at the bills my husband handed me today, saying "here, I can't pay these." Really?!? Imagine how surprised I am. This isn't the first time, and it probably won't be the last. What really irks me is the statement "If you need help paying these, call me, I'm getting a big check in this month." WTF? First of all, I've heard this before. It sort of comes under the category of "if his lips are moving, it's a lie". Sigh. What a pain in the knee.

I worked a lot last week - it came out to three full time shifts, including three extra hours tacked on to the twelve hours I customarily work, and parts of two others, which means I was there five nights. Which means that I didn't get much knitting done. I did finish the ninth square of the grey afghan, and am halfway through the tenth. I don't think I'm going to be getting this afghan done by the middle of March. I may have been a little optimistic. I may be able to finish the tenth square by tomorrow. Just for some actual knitting content, I've got a picture of a pair of socks in Opal Lollipop that I finished awhile ago.

I did take a Saturday Sky picture yesterday. I just forgot to post it. The day started out wonderfully. When I woke up, I opened the windows - it was in the high 50's - and proceeded to do what I had to. I needed to go run errands, and when I left, I was wearing a t-shirt and jeans. For some reason, I grabbed a sweatshirt to throw in the car, and I'm so glad I did! Two hours later, the temps had dropped into the 40's and the wind came up. Brrr! The beautiful blue sky was covered with gray clouds. Today was chilly again, with snow flurries with nearly every gust of wind. No accumulation, though. We had a great deal of heavy rain on Thursday night, and I'm glad it wasn't snow, and I'm equally glad I didn't have to work. Apparently, quite a few roads were closed because of flooding, including most of the roads I use to get back and forth from work. I took this picture on Saturday, and you can see that there is still a lot of standing water behind my house.

And, no kitty picture today. Just a picture of some seagulls who were sitting in the parking lot at AC Moore today. They were all facing into the wind, with the exception of one who figured he'd come over and see what I was doing.

Heh. As I type this, I just got called into work again. Oy.

1 Comments:

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Bobbisox said...

At least you have happy Opal Lollipop covered feet; mine have been hanging out in a bin with other half finished socks, Bobbisox

 

Post a Comment

<< Home