Saturday, September 01, 2007

What Have I Been Doing?

Mostly working, that's what. We are now nine months after the holidays, and the baby boom is continuing. When I got to work earlier this week, there were nine labor patients. Nine! That's a lot for our community hospital. We are full to bursting on our floor. I've been picking up overtime, and that's a good thing, because now I have to pay for this: I finally got rid of that piece of crap Neon I've been driving for the last five years. Our local Nissan dealership was open til midnight last night, so after three and a half mind-boggling hours of paperwork, I drove this off the lot at 12:15 this morning. Now, I'm in hock for the next five years. Yikes.

Not much time for knitting, although I did finish the pink sock, and started the mate for it. I've also been working on the Chevron Scarf, and with a little luck, I'll actually finish it before it gets cold. I want to start on another sweater, too. Maybe this one: Philosopher's wool in shades of blue. I want this one to be a cardigan, so it will be an adventure in steeks.

And, to finish out today's post, here's my Saturday Sky, which I have been neglecting as of late: Can't imagine a more perfect day than today. Low humidity, nice temps, blue sky. And, best of all, I get to enjoy it. I'm working tonight, but I don't have to go in til 11 pm, b ecause it's some of the aforementioned overtime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home