Monday, November 26, 2007

The Mist

Streetlight through the gloom. Forgot to take a picture when it was lighter out.


The Mist has always been one of my favorite stories by Stephen King. Genuinely creepy, and sort of within the realm of possibility. Every time it's foggy, it reminds me of that story, and a chill goes up my spine. I know they made it into a movie, and I'd love to see it, except I know they changed the ending, and I don't like the movie ending at all. I think they should have stuck with the original ending in the book. Not everything needs to be wrapped up neatly after two hours.

What made me think of this today was the fog we have. I was at the supermarket today around 4 pm, just at that hour when dusk is setting in. That along with the fog made for some very dim light. I was walking across the parking lot to my car, when I heard hundreds of geese calling. I looked up, and through the gloom, I could see a large flock looming up, and just barely perceptible above them, several more flocks. Very creepy.

I feel like I'm in a fog today. I got my wish, sort of. I got called in at 7 pm, and then they let me go home at 11:30. Got home at midnight, had something to eat, went to bed, and at 3 am, my phone rings. Gotta go back. Aargh. At any rate, I'm off til Thursday night, but I do have to go back in on Wednesday for some mandatory education competencies. Why do they wait til the end of the year to schedule this stuff. It's not like we don't have anything else to do.

Knitting away on my sleeve. Still almost done, but did get in a few more rows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home