Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Progress


This is my finished sleeve for my Philosopher's Wool sweater. The little thing in the bottom right of the picture is the beginning of the second sleeve. I thought I would make more progress than that, but I was more tired than I thought last night. I went to bed early, read a little (Doomsday Book by Connie Willis) and then went to sleep. And, then woke up 1 1/2 hours later, at 3:30 am. Great. Couldn't get back to sleep. Went out to the computer, did some more reading. Nothing. Eyes wide open. Finally fell asleep at 8 am, slept right through my alarm at 10:30, and was late for the rest of the day.

Had to make a stop at the hospital for all my hospital-required educational competencies, which is easier to do in one day like this rather than make endless appointments to get them done. Then, a quick trip up to my unit for finish the competencies for postpartum and nursery, and then I was on my way. I managed to put a serious dent in Christmas shopping for two of my sons. For some reason, I keep thinking we're already in December, so I need to hurry. It's nice to have a chunk of it done, though.

Back to my reading Doomsday Book, by Connie Willis.
I read about this on one of my Yahoo groups, and checked it out. I haven't gotten too far in it, but I'm having a hard time putting it down. So far in a nutshell, it takes place in the near future;
history student gets sent back to the Middle ages, but it goes wrong (what a surprise!),and that's as far as I've gotten so far. I'd like to read a little more, but I want to work on this sweater, so the book is in my room, where I'm not, and my knitting is in the family room, where I am.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home