Saturday, November 03, 2007

Saturday Sky

Muted autumn colors in Middlesex County today.

Michael, standing on steps that usually lead to the beach, not the ocean, with storm waves in back of him.

Heading west towards clearing skies and home, away from the storm.

Sunset tonight, taken in Mercer County Park, West Windsor, NJ


Frightening experience this morning - I woke up at 6 am, couldn't breathe, heart racing, sweating bullets (yuk!), and dreaming that I was delivering babies in France. France? WTF? Where did that come from?? Anyway, realized I was sick, decongested myself, changed into cooler clothes, got calmed down, and went back to bed. When I got up a few hours later, I felt terrible, so decided to just stay home today and wind up some Philosopher's wool for a sweater that I really should start. Well, you know about the best-laid plans of mice and men, yada, yada.... Mike calls and tells me he's driving to the Jersey shore to take some pictures of the ocean, because Hurricane Noel is passing by, and would I like to go?? Aargh. I get on the Belmarcam, see what the ocean looks like, and tell him I'll go. Stop by Dunkin' Donuts for an industrial sized coffee and head over to his place. Since I feel lousy, he drives. We don't want to wind up in Delaware, or in an accident.

I can't resist the ocean. I was born and raised on the Jersey shore, and still love it. I can feel that pull. I would have to be dead to stop going. I especially love it when it's stormy, or otherwise non-crowded (is that a word?). Today was no exception. Amazing waves, very windy, grey, cold. Great day - I'm serious. I took a ton of photos and a movie, which I hope is actually in this post. Being down there is restoring.

Anyway, back to my dream. We've been very busy lately, and I've been doing nursery duty at a lot of deliveries in the last few months. Maybe too many. Last night, I went to work for a short shift - only 4 hours. After working 4 12-hour shifts this week, I figured a 4 hour shift would be a breeze. See the above statement about best-laid plans. I had three births in a 90 minute period. I STILL don't know where France fits in, though.

Haven't had time to do too much knitting lately. Delivering all those babies in France, you know. I am nearly finished with the Chevron scarf, though, judging from the shrinking balls of yarn. I haven't measured it lately. I'm also feeling like knitting socks again. I was looking for a certain yarn the other day, and looked in my sock yarn bin. Hmm. It's like Pandora's box. I can hear all those little balls of yarn calling out to me.



Man, YouTube really pixilates the hell out of movies, doesn't it???

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5:27 AM, Blogger Susie H said...

Fantastic pics! And a VERy funny dream :)

Happy NaBloPoMo to you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home