Monday, December 17, 2007

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas (Sort Of)



Well, the tree went up last Thursday night, and this Sunday, it was lit. Now all I have to do is put on the garland and the ornaments. The garland will have to wait until one of my taller sons has a few minutes to help. And, the outside lights are done, finally. We've had a lot of rain and wind lately, so it was kind of tricky, but it's done.

I had a few days off from work, so I did some marathon shopping today. 5 1/2 hours, three different malls and Target. At least, I'm nearly done now. Just a few things here and there, and c'est fini. I'll try to get some wrapping done tomorrow before I go to work. I'm doing another three-in-a-row.

I've been working on Clapotis, between putting up lights and shopping. I only have a few more rows to go before I start the straight section, and dropping stitches, which I find kind of fun. Fun being a relative term, because Noro Silk Garden does not take to dropping easily. You have to encourage the stitch to drop, and sometimes you have to force it. If this was a project where I wanted to have the stitches not drop, you could bet your booties these stitches would unravel like crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home