Saturday, December 15, 2007

Saturday Sky


And, here it comes. We have a nor'easter predicted for tonight. Where I am, we will mostly be seeing rain. Lots of rain. Biblical rain. And wind. I'm praying my trees stay put.

Because my knitting time is so limited now, between work and Christmas stuff, I'm still working on Clapotis, part II, in blue, instead of the Philosopher sweater. I'll get it done, I promise.

When I got home from work on Friday morning, this had shown up:


The tree inspector, otherwise known as Gremlin, approves.


So, now all I have to do is decorate it. I finally finished the outside of the house. I remember the days when I was a stay-at-home mom, and I used to have the inside of the house decorated the day after Thanksgiving, and the outside lights went up that weekend, and I started baking. I used to make 30 different kinds of cookies - about 3,000 in all. Unless I win the lottery, those days are gone forever. Now, I need to worry about keeping a roof over our heads, food on the table, and the utilities functioning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home