Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Nope (No) Floats



A sorta bad pun on the equally bad movie "Hope Floats". In this case, I'm referring to the backside of my Fair Isle knitting, a la Philosopher's Wool style. As you can see from the picture, there are no floats on the back. I love this, because one of the things that drives me crazy about fair isle knitting are those effing little floats that get caught on everything. This method is so easy, and works so well. There's a video on the Philosopher's Wool web site, so go see it if you're interested. I'm done with three of the peerie bands on the sweater. It's moving right along. I'm going to have to deal with steeks real soon.

Tonight for dinner, I made White Cheddar Soup with potatoes. Sometimes I put ham or bacon in this soup, but tonight, it's just veggies - potatoes, carrots, onions, celery, plus chicken stock, white cheddar, milk and flour. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home