Monday, January 28, 2008

Resistance Is Futile




Ok, ok, I went ahead and did it. I started another sweater. As a matter of fact, I have half a sweater sleeve to show for my time. I started the Philosopher's Wool Color Your Own in Spring colorway late Friday night. I worked on it a bit on Saturday, and some more on Sunday. It's a fast knit.

I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth, or my keyboard, actually, but I think I was Tired Of Knitting Blue. That's right. Tired of blue. I love blue, it's my favorite color, and if the name Knitting the Blues wasn't already taken for a blog, I might have used that. However, I felt I needed a break. I just wanted to knit on a different set of colors. Never mind that this sweater has two different blues in it, it's just that they are in a different combination. The background color on this sweater is natural, while the other sweater is a black background. And, I'm finished with the sleeves, and halfway up the body of the first sweater. I will finish it. I swear.

I'm getting a bit frustrated with comments. While I don't get many of them, and I know that most of them are legitimate, I really hate getting long rambling posts about 9/11 conspiracy, or any of the other oddball things that show up. I usually just trash those.

While I was on the phone today with my car insurance company, waiting to find out why my insurance premiums had dropped (!), I was playing around with these:




And, after fiddling around with EV, white balance, (I feel like a photographer! I can throw those terms around, and have an idea what I'm talking about!) and such, I came up with this:



Megan watching the birds. Usually, when I shoot like this, it's way too overexposed, but this time, I got it to come out like I wanted. I wanted her in silhouette, and the outside visible, and it came out like I had envisioned. Check out the nifty male Downy Woodpecker on the tree in the center.

In my dreams, I can ditch the nursing gig, and become a world-famous photographer, impressing the hell out of everyone with my stunning photos. Yeah, right. Only if I win the lottery, and get some actual talent at the same time. Oh, yeah, and some better knees would help, too (World-famous photographer needs an assistant to be hauled up off her knees. There's a job for you.).

1 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait. I think I read "tired of knitting blue" but I'm not sure. Can that happen? :)
Actually, sometimes I feel that way as well. Maybe that is why green is so appealing to me these days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home