Friday, February 01, 2008

$2.75

That's what gas was today. I found myself thinking, "hmmm, that's not bad." It's amazing how fast you can get used to things like getting gouged for gas. I drove a Chevrolet Suburban for several years (Best. Car. Ever! I loved that truck. I miss it more than I miss my ex.) Gas was 79 cents a gallon. Yup, that's right. 79 cents. No other number in front of the 7. What year was this, you ask? 1998. No that long ago. The Suburban had a 42 gallon gas tank. I filled it up for less than $40. Nowadays, filling my 20 gallon gas tank is in the neighborhood of $60.00. Sheesh.

Not much knitting going on here, except for a row or two. I have NOT started any more projects, and if I don't go see Cloverfield tonight, I will put in a few more rows, most likely on the black and blue sweater I've been working on. I don't go back to work til next Wednesday, so I might be able to put a serious dent in getting the body done.

Meggie the heat-seeker, trying for some warmth under the desk lamp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home