Sunday, February 10, 2008

Cold And Windy, And Yay For Flannel Sheets


I was so tired when I got home this morning. I worked 4 12-hour shifts in a row; and we were very busy. Driving home this morning was something of an adventure, too, one that I didn't really need in the state of mind I was in. We had a bit of precipitation last night, and the roads were somewhat slick this morning. I could feel my wheels slipping every now and then. Normally, driving home on Sunday morning is a pleasure. I'm usually fighting crowds heading for the train station, but on Sunday, nada. Alexander Road was completely empty. I think I saw one other car. Anyway, I got home in one piece, and crashed into bed. We're having high winds today, and combined with the cold temperature outside, and the fact that I have the thermostat turned down inside, it was pretty brisk. I love jumping into bed, snuggling into those flannel sheets, and pulling a couple of blankets over me. Combine that with Gremlin curled up around my head, or next to me, and that's as close to heaven as I need in the morning.

Another "C" picture - Coffee in my Christmas Cat mug. Yeah, I know Christmas was six weeks ago, but hey, this is the biggest mug I have, and I really need coffee, and lots of it right now.

I'm off from work this week, so I'm hoping to put a serious dent in my sweater. I'd love to finish the body, and get ready to put the button bands on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home