Monday, February 04, 2008

Getting Dragged Into The 21st Century



I got a new cell phone for Christmas. Before this, I was using a Go phone, pay as you go with no bells or whistles on it at all. Just make and receive calls. My new phone does everything but babysit, and since I don't have anyone to babysit, that's not a problem.

Now, I can text, get my email, get the weather, news, whatever. I can get music. I can take and store pictures. Wow! It's been a lot of fun figuring out this phone , and all I can do. And, if you saw yesterdays post, you know that I can now blog from my phone. This is all so amazing to me.

It would most likely be amazing to my late father-in-law, too. He started a cell phone company in the 70's and built it into one of the largest companies of its type in the U.S. before selling it. He was a visionary, but I don't know if he envisioned all that cell phones can do now.

On the knitting front, I have good news, and bad news. The good news is that I got in a few hours knitting last night during the Superbowl. The bad news is I had trouble counting again, and wound up ripping twice, so I didn't make as much progress as I thought I would. And further bad news is that I had thought I was further along on this sweater - I thought I was just a few rows from the armholes, and would be ready to start a steek stitch for them. Wrong!! I was actually several inches away, and I don't think I'll be hitting the armholes tonight.


Calvin on the couch, taking a bath, and practicing his gymnastics at the same time. I couldn't begin to tell you what belong where in this photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home