Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Happy Birthday


To my middle son, Jon, who is 25 today! And true to form, it's snowing. Most years, we have snow on or near his birthday. Today is no exception, although we have less than an inch right now, and it looks like it's stopping.

When I went into labor with Jon 25 years ago, in the early morning, we had 29 inches of snow from a blizzard during the night. Most roads were only partially plowed, if at all, and we had a huge drift covering our front door. My car was buried up to the roof rack in snow, and my husband's car was stuck at the fire department. It was still snowing, and when I told my husband the baby was coming his reaction was "you have got to be kidding!" Um, no, I wasn't. We called the EMT's, who came out with the police and fire department and dug us out of the mess so we could get to the hospital. We did not take our car; we rode in the ambulance. Although it took us over an hour to make a 20 minute drive, I did make it to the hospital. Jon was born around 9 am, weighing in at 10 lbs., 5 ounces, and measuring 23 inches long. And, no, I didn't have a c-section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home