Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Let's Hear It For Technical Support

Wow. I'm so impressed. I got on the phone today with Canon Technical Support, and after spending a half hour with a very patient, knowledgeable young man named Matt, both of my cameras are speaking to my computer. You have no idea how happy I am, and how accomplished that I feel that I could actually follow his instructions and go into parts of my computer that I had no idea existed. Right click, left click, bring this up, close that, let's try this - I did it all! I realize for most of you this is not a big deal, but computers are not my area. Hand me a non-breathing baby, and I know how to resusitate it, but my computer and I are another story. On the other hand, some of the other nurses think I'm a god because I know how to reboot their computers when they freeze.

Anyway, I'm really impressed with Canon cameras and technical service. Having used technical support from other companies, I can honestly say this was one of the best experiences I've ever had.

So, now that I've finished my post-Valentine's Day love fest, let's get down to business. I have pictures!!!

I just got off two nights in a row at work. Two nights that were as different as, well, night and day. First night, terrific patient load - not too heavy. I had time to offer lots of support and teaching to new moms, and do the little "extras" that I don't always have time for. Last night - another story entirely. Nursery was very busy, lots of births, and babies with difficulties - mostly transitional, fortunately. However, transition can be six hours, and when you have several babies making slow transitions, it makes for a very busy environment. They need closer watching and more complicated care than a regular newborn, so it went that way all night. However, when all is said and done, I really love my job, and feel fortunate that I landed this one. I'm there two years now, and ready to go for my certification, and am working on a step up in neonatal infant care.

So, what was all that leading up to? I didn't have time to knit or crochet for the last couple of days, but I am really zipping along with my motifs. And, being that all I plan to do tonight is watch American Idol (don't roll your eyes - it's my guilty pleasure - we all have at least one!), and I hope Jericho is on tonight, so I plan on cranking out more of these motifs. I watched as much of that show as I could the first year it was on, and loved it, and then it disappeared. I heard it wasn't being renewed, and then the famous Nut Campaign to get it back on, which apparently worked. It's a great show, and I don't really watch that much tv.

Stacks of motifs on my coffee table. What you don't see in this picture is several cats all trying to climb up and sit on them.


Close up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home