Sunday, February 03, 2008

Pass The Dramamine, Please

Since I've never had motion sickness, I didn't know what all the hype was about. I can read a book in a moving car, and never feel a twinge. I didn't even know that was supposed to be a problem until I was in my late 20's. I was in a car on a long ride to Florida, and was reading a book to pass the time (and to keep me from thinking about Florida. I didn't like living there.), and another passenger asked me why I didn't feel queasy. Huh? He explained to me that reading a book in a car was supposed to make people sick. Not me. Where am I going with this seemingly pointless story? My youngest son, his girlfriend and I went to see "Cloverfield" last night. About 30 minutes into in story, when things were really starting to pick up, I noticed I had to close my eyes every now and then to regain my sense of balance. At the same time, my son's girlfriend whispered she was feeling slightly nauseous. Eric just kind of snickered at the two of us. We had gone to a late show, the audience seemed to be mostly guys, so I don't know if anyone else was having that problem, but we did get to the end of the movie. It was an interesting movie. The first part of it made me think of 9/11 a lot.

I did do some knitting yesterday, but real life intruded. I really do have to do laundry, dusting, food shopping once in a while. Oh, yeah, that reminds me, I learned another of life's little lessons yesterday: Don't Go Anywhere Near A Grocery Store On The Day Before SuperBowl. What a nuthouse. It was worse than the day before Thanksgiving. I just grabbed a few things I was out of and left, after waiting in a very long line. I guess I should have been tipped of by the stuffed parking lot, and all the cars circling it, waiting for a parking spot. Yes, I will watch the game tonight, but I will be knitting during the game and watching the commercials.

I'm back to working on the Philosopher's Wool black and blue sweater. Since each row is 260 stitches, it takes a while to make appreciable progress - i.e., worth photographing. So, while I've made progress, I'm going to wait a day or two to post a picture.


Seagull line up on top of the Blockbuster store in Hamilton Township, NJ yesterday afternoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home