Tuesday, March 25, 2008

2nd Anniversary

I started this blog two years ago, right at the end of a major upheaval in my life. I had just graduated from college with a degree in nursing at the age of 56, and had just started my first nursing job. My husband had decided, in 2002, that he wanted a change of life, so he took off and left the boys and me. I knew I couldn't support my family on my current job as a merchandiser, and I had no health benefits, so I needed to find something different, so I went to school. I'm glad I did - it was the best thing I ever did (besides my five sons).

I blogged a lot in the first year; got a camera a couple of months into the blog, and enjoyed it a lot. The second year, I was doing well until last April - my mom passed away; a few weeks later, one of our friends was killed in Iraq; two days after that, my father-in-law passed away. I found it really hard to recover from all that, and didn't blog much for the new several months. Then, in November, I joined NaBloPoMo, and blogged (almost) every day in November. I blogged nearly every day in December, too, and I joined Blog 365. So far, so good. I haven't missed a day.

As I posted yesterday, I received my two skeins of Noro Silk Garden, so I decided I'd knit on Clapotis, and try to see if the skeins matched. I was so tired, I think I fell asleep knitting the second row. I'll have to wait a few days to see if they match, because I start three in a row tonight.

I slept late today, because I work tonight. One of the things I've noticed about sleeping during the day, is that I sometimes have vivid dreams. Today I was dreaming I lived on a farm in Michigan. It was summer, and I was watching cloud formations change with amazing speed. I've heard the term "boiling couds", and I think that's what these were. At the same time I was standing in a field watching these clouds change, my son was ice-skating on a frozen puddle in the field, even though it was summer. Right after that, I found myself in a hospital, trying to find equipment and labels I knew I needed for whatever I was doing. It was at this point that I woke up and decided I really needed to get up. Dreaming during the day, I've noticed that if I wake up and fall asleep again, I go right back into the same dream, at more or less the same point in the dream. This doesn't happen if I get up at night. I would think it's weird, except that a few other people have said that it happens to them, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home