Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Feeling Better!?

Well, at least I feel functional today, which is a vast improvement over the last few days. I even crocheted enough motifs last night to finish 21 of another combination. I think I have about 68 to finish now.

I'm heading back to work tonight. I'm not sure if I'm up to it, but I didn't call out, and it's too late now. I'm just praying it isn't too busy.

I bought a new camera last month, as I think I mentioned. Canon S5 IS. It's a really nice camera, and I'm in love with the zoom. It's classed as a "point and shoot", but it's really a lot more than that. I don't use the "auto" function so much, so I've been learning about aperture openings, and shutter speed, white balance, etc. It's made a lot of difference in my photos. I've also been getting used to the focus on this one. It takes a bit sometimes to get the focus where I want it, and when I put the picture on the computer, I can see I could have done better.

I have a tripod that I want to use. I'd like to take moon shots. We had a great sliver of a crescent moon the other night, but I was feeling like crap, and it was freezing, so I think that'll have to wait a while.

Also, while trolling ebay last night for Inox 40" circular needles (love inox - no Addi's for me!), I found a teleconverter lens and the adapter, plus some filters for the camera at reasonable prices. If I like them, I think I may invest in a wide-angle lens next. I don't think I need a macro lens - this camera does amazing macro and super-macro shots all on its own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home