Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stash Reduction??

Over the last few months, I've put a lot of time into organizing my stashes. Fabrics sorted into three tubs, by color and/or type; yarns sorted into other tubs, and another tub for various other projects. However, I've noticed that while I was pretty ruthless (I gave away a lot of stuff), I inadvertently created a need for more stuff! I finally finished sewing together all the eggs and bunnies for my Easter wreath, only to discover that I don't have any fiberfill! (Flash back to two months ago: small bag of fiberfill remnants spotted in closet; I think "Eh, I'll never use that", and toss it in the give-away bag). So, now I am the proud owner of an industrial sized bag of fiberfill, the smallest I could find at Joann Fabrics, to replace the small amount I tossed, which incidentally, would have been a perfect amount to stuff these effing bunnies. And, let's not talk about the acrylic yarn I gave away, because I am making an afghan with, guess what, acrylic yarn. And, for some of those colors, I only needed a small amount, which I had to buy, because I don't have them in my stash anymore. Well, I do now, because I bought every frickin' ball of yarn the pattern called for.

I worked on Clapotis last night, and I bit the bullet and bought two more skeins of yarn. Not the same dye lot of course, but I'm going to be optimistic here and pray that they at least sort of match.

It was fairly nice in these parts yesterday, so I got a lot of yard work done. I raked out the flower beds near the front door - a big job all by itself, and started work on the bed on the other side of the driveway, which used to be known as "lawn". Until the trees got really big. Then, the grass started dying, so I gave up, and planted it as a shade garden. I have lots of hostas, a hellebore, several groundcovers, a mystery plant, lots of bulbs, violets, and assorted other goodies there. All in all, a very satisfactory substitute for grass.

When I had come in to the house, I noticed a squirrel peeking out from under the root of the tree in my backyard. Thirty seconds later, I realized why he was hiding. A harrier hawk swooped down, snatched a bird from the bird bath, and zoomed off. Aargh!! To make things worse, about an hour or so after that; I was once again shooting pictures through the sliding glass door, when all of a sudden the birds and squirrels took off like their life depended on it, which I guess it did, because the hawk swooped through again - very fast, and coming low to the ground. Didn 't get anyone this time.Is He Gone Yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home