Wednesday, March 19, 2008

The Waiting Game

As I said last night, right now I'm waiting for some supplies to finish a couple of projects. I'm waiting for two skeins of Noro Silk Garden so I can work on my blue Clapotis, and I'm waiting for my 40" Inox needles so I can continue working on my Philospher's Wool sweater without shredding my fingers.

So, what did I do instead? This:
This was the Clapotis that I made and finished last year. I made it small, too small as it turned out. I had 3 1/2 skeins of Noro left over from that one, and I really wanted it bigger, so I frogged it. It now looks like this:
I'm working it on size 8 needles this time, and I'm a lot happier with the size. I wanted it to be stole size, not scarf size, but it barely made it around my shoulders. I don't particularly want it wider, just longer, and I think using a few more skeins of the Noro will get me where I want to be. Plus, I've already knit one of these, and most of a second, so I'm zipping right along on this. I've already knitted one ball, and am ready to start a second.

Oh, and I finished my Easter wreath. It didn't come out exactly like I wanted it to, because I didn't have enough ribbon for a bow. Oh, well. Pictures tomorrow. I also start an insane work schedule tomorrow - four in a row, including Easter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home