Monday, April 14, 2008

Aggravaton And New Lace


Aargh. I love knitting lace, and have done so successfully - I knitted Creatures of the Reef shawl 18 months ago, and except that I made it too small, the lace part came out great. However, I started to knit Flower Basket about 2 and a half years ago, and wound up frogging it, mostly because I didn't like it in the navy blue yarn I was using. I did have trouble keeping the count, though, to be honest.

I'm knitting Flower Basket again in the Lorna's Laces Somerset colorway. I started it last night, and I thought I would be further along than I am. I had to backtrack on several rows - off by a stitch, and I found I have difficulty "reading" this lace. I don't know why. Right now, I'm on row 25. Will I finish this in time for the wedding? Will I like the colorwaywith this pattern? Or the pattern in this colorway? Will I chuck the whole thing out the nearest window? Who knows? Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home