Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Can We Postpone The Wedding For A Year Or Two?


I'm beginning to think that's how long it's going to take me to finish this shawl. I know there are bloggers out there who whip through shawls in less time than it takes me to knit a pair of socks. I'm not one of them. I am progressing at a snail's pace on this shawl. I need to check my stitch count every row, and I nearly always find that I've left out a yo or two on each row.

Spring has really sprung around here. Once it arrives, it seems like it just hurtles along. My maple tree already has seed pods (helicopters!) on it. My Bradford pears are in full bloom, the daffodils are over, and the grape hyacinths are starting to bloom. Hostas are out of the ground, and pretty much everything has some growth on it, with the exception of my oak trees. Last to leaf out, last to lose their leaves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home