Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Finishing Up

I'm almost done with the first skein of the second dye lot on my Clapotis, and I really can't see any difference. I'll try to post a picture of it tomorrow. When I finish this skein, I'm going to use the last skein of the original dye lot, and then if I have to, the second skein of the second dye lot. We'll see how this turns out, colorwise. Sizewise, I love it. I started the decrease section for the end, and it's the perfect size. I'm so happy I did this size, and I'm happy that I frogged the other Clapotis to redo it in a larger size. I didn't want a scarf, and I think this is a great size. I can take this to the movies on nights when I don't want to bring a jacket with me.

On the who's-driving-me-crazy-now front, it would have to be the squirrels again. This time, there is a small squirrel who has figured out how to jump over the baffle on the main feeder, and spends most of his time doing that. He's gotten so fat it's a mystery how he manages to get that fat ass off the ground, but he does. He gnawed through the perch, too, so now if the birds get a chance at this feeder, they have to balance on the side. I have a Duncraft catalogue coming, so I think a new, higher pole is in the works, and maybe a new feeder, too. This one is supposed to close with weight, but it doesn't do that anymore.

I'm working what is known as a "princess shift" tonight. Four hours, 7-11. Whether I work nursery or postpartum, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be feeling like a princess. I'm pretty sure I'll be busy. When you have eight patients for four hours, there's a lot to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home