Saturday, May 31, 2008

I Need A Map Or A Traffic Cop

Getting to work the last few days has been interesting, to say the least. This is Princeton Alumni Weekend, when alumni descend upon the town, snarling traffic, jaywalking all over the place, walking against lights, and generally making drivers fear for their licenses. A lot of alumni show up for this. Even alumni who graduated way, way back in the mists of time. On Saturday, there is an Alumni P-Rade.

Thursday night, it took me 30 minutes to get from Route 1 to my place of employment. I usually pull through the garage at 18:43, according to my parking stubs. Thursday, I clocked in at 19:00 on the dot. Friday night wasn't much better. Made it over Route 1 with no problems, and it looked like usual traffic ahead. Until I went over the canal and lake, and came to a screeching halt. And sat. Sat some more. Any progress I made was because cars were pulling out of line to turn around, or make a right down Faculty Road. After waiting through six changes of light, and traveling about 20 feet, I made the same decision. Down Faculty Road to Washington, which is usually a pain any time of day. Clear sailing, much to my surprise. I made it to work with time to spare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home