Thursday, May 01, 2008

It's Hard To Keep A Knitting Blog Going...

when there isn't much knitting going on, and what is going on isn't very interesting. I'm up to 237 stitches on my flower basket shawl, and I'm beginning to wonder if this shawl is going to be big enough. I swatched, and the swatch was spot-on, so the only thing I can think of is that I just knit lace at a different tension. I had this problem with Creatures of the Reef, but that was my fault. I wanted a smaller shawl than the pattern called for, so I knit with smaller needles, and got a smaller shawl. However, it was smaller than I wanted, even with blocking, but since this started out with a humongous amount of stitches and decreased on each row, I was kind of screwed. However, with Flower Basket, You just keep adding stitches and repeats. I think if I don't like the length, I can just add a repeat or two to get what I want. I still have a ton of yarn left, and I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to use it all. Right now, the back neckline is 44 inches long, and according to the pattern, the finished back neckline is 90 inches. We'll see.

We had that string of nice days last week, but that seems to be a thing of the past. It's been cold the last few nights, and while in the 50's during the day, it's a far cry from the 70 and 80 degree weather we had last week.

I've been haunting the park for the last few weeks looking for baby ducks, and I finally saw baby geese today! Not at the park, of course, but at Shop-Rite, of all places! There were two sets of parents - one set had three babies, and the other set had eight! There's a big retention basin with a fountain there, and there's always a million geese there. These babies were really tiny, too. They didn't hatch too long ago.

Speaking of hatching, I'm on call tonight for work. I don't know if they'll call me in. I think the chances are pretty good. The books looked pretty busy today, and we had a rush at the beginning of the week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home