Monday, May 05, 2008

Ow

Been doing a little planting around here lately. Unfortunately, our soil tends to be the heavy clay type. We haven't had a lot of rain here lately, and it's kind of like digging through cement. I try to plan ahead and water the ground first to soften it up a little, but can't always do it. Right now, I'm just planting perennials. I really want to plant the impatiens I have, but I know that if I do, we'll have just one more killing frost.

Still working on Flower Basket. However, unlike when I started it, the rows are much longer now, and I'm not whipping through 15 rows a night. Last night, I counted seven rows. It's still bunched up, and I don't want to fiddle with it too much for fear of pulling stitches off the needle, but it looks like it might not be as small as I feared. I'm going to try to find a longer circular to put it on, so I can stretch it out a bit and measure what I've got.

Tomorrow night starts three-in-a-row again, and then I'm off for nine days. Unfortunately, on Mother's Day, I get to spend it doing something I don't really want to do, but it's a family obligation, so I guess I get to bite the bullet and just go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home