Monday, June 02, 2008

I Give Up!


Gray Squirrel
Originally uploaded by momcat14c
We have had some amazing squirrels this year. I've had a birdfeeder in the yard for years, one on a pole with a baffle on it. It's been enough to keep the squirrels off it. They couldn't jump past the baffle.

Until this year. I have at least two squirrels who jump past the baffle and clean out that feeder in a matter of hours. I'm spending a fortune on birdseed. Yes, I have tried the red pepper powder that they are supposed to hate. They seem to love it. They finish off the hot-pepper suet with gusto, along with every other kind of suet I've tried. I have a hummingbird feeder, new this year. Do they bother it? Of course they do. They pried off the little yellow flowers surrounding the feeding holes. I found three of them in the grass, put them back in, and tried to get them out myself. Couldn't do it.

I'm ordering a new pole, so we'll see how it works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home