Tuesday, July 13, 2010

I'm Back, I Think

I haven't knitted in quite a while. That's not to say I haven't done anything. I've done a fair amount of crocheting during my hiatus. I'll post pictures when I get a minute. Oh, wait, I'm wrong - I did knit some thing. There seems to be a baby boom where I work (among my coworkers - we already know about the patients), so I've knitted a baby sweater and hat or two. I was happy to be working on baby clothes again. It's been 23 years since my last child was born, so there hasn't been too much of that going on. I love the baby yarns that are out there now. I used a lovely self striping yarn to make an adorable "fair isle" sweater and hat.


Right now, I'm working on a sweater pattern - "Buttercup" _I found on Ravelry. I loved the pictures I saw of other peoples Buttercups. Alas, when I downloaded the pattern, I found that there are no longer two sleeve options, and the one option that's left is for puffed sleeves. Ugh. I am so not a puffed sleeve person. But, optimist that I am, I'm knitting this anyway. I'll rip it back and figure out something else if I have to. But so far, I like the pattern, and I love the yarn. It's Wool Cotton by Rowan. It's been in my stash for a while, originally meant for something else. It's a nice blue-greeny color. I"m about 15 rows in so far, and I noticed a problem tonight when I was on row 8. Seems that I split the yarn on row 4 on the back side. Not terribly noticeable, and i thought I could ignore it. I should have known better. On Row 13, I knitted up to that stitch, dropped it down, and hitched it back up with a crochet hook. I'm so much happier now.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home