Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Aargh, Me Mateys!



Arrgh, mateys. I know it's not Talk Like A Pirate Day yet, but I have been knitting Skull And Crossbones hats until they're coming out of my ears. Three done, and one more to go. Well, I say one more, but my son wants some editing on his. I had a feeling this might happen, so instead of starting the hats with the earflaps, per the instructions, I knitted the hat first, and picked up stitches for the earflaps at the end. That way, if I had to modify some part of the hat....

I'm psychic, I swear. I finish the hat, he puts it on, and says, "wow, I really like it, but could we (we?? I only see one person with knitting needles here!) change a few things?" Like he doesn't like the ridge around the hem of the hat where it is, or more to the point, he doesn't like the way the earflaps start under the ridge. Move the ridge up, or eliminate it altogether, knit the earflaps smooth from the body of the hat, and put the ridge around the border of the earflaps and hem. To his credit, when he finished with the modifications he wanted, he looked at me and said, "I'll bet you're regretting offering to knit me a hat!"

No, not really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home